From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Hôei 8 (宝永八年) / Shôtoku 1 (正徳元年)
Timeline of 1711
- 1711/2/7 Bakufu orders to simplify Korean envoy ceremony.
- 1711/2/16 Ryukyuan embassy on return from Edo reaches Kagoshima.
- 1711/3/22 Ryukyuan embassy on return from Edo reaches Naha.
- 1711/4/11 Abe Masataka becomes Rôjû.
- 1711/5/15 Korean embassy to Edo departs Seoul.
- 1711/7/19 Korean embassy to Edo arrives at Tsushima.
- 1711/8/17 Korean embassy arrives at Ainoshima and gets stuck there for nine days on account of weather.
- 1711/10 Bakufu bans priests to enter Dejima.
- 1711/10/17 Arai Hakuseki meets the Korean embassy at Kawasaki.
- 1711/10/18 The Korean embassy takes up lodgings at Asakusa Higashi Honganji.
- 1711/11/1 The Korean embassy has a formal audience with the shogun.
- 1711/11/19 The Korean embassy departs Edo.
- 1711/11/28 Mangoku Riot.(Awa province)
- 1711/12/23 Mizuno Tadayuki becomes Wakadoshiyori.
Other Events of 1711
- Emperor Nakamikado formally comes of age.
- Korean embassy journeys to Edo.
- Konkôkenshû, an encyclopedia of the old Ryukyuan language, is compiled.
- Torii Tadahide becomes a member of the wakadoshiyori.
- Yotsuhô currency is coined; at 20% pure silver, it is the most debased form of currency issued during the Edo period.
Births and Deaths