From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Eishô 6 (永正六年)
Timeline of 1509
Other Events of 1509
- Battle of Ichiburi: Nagao Tamekage defeats Uesugi Sadanori.
- The hachimaki and kanzashi systems of court rank are established in the Kingdom of Ryûkyû, along with a class system.
- Henry VIII takes the throne in England.
- Shô Iko, Prince of the Kingdom of Ryûkyû, takes up residence in Urasoe castle.
- The Sô clan of Tsushima sends an imposter envoy to Korea claiming to be representing Ise-no-kami Masachika (a fictional shogunal vassal). The envoy carries an ivory tally borrowed possibly from the Ôuchi clan, or the Ôtomo clan.
- A Portuguese fleet under Lopes de Sequiera becomes the first European set of ships to visit Southeast Asia.
Births and Deaths
- Hoshino Masatoshi (d. 1593), Takeda and Tokugawa retainer, is born.
- Naoe Kagetsuna (d. 1577), Uesugi clan retainer, is born.
- Chinese painter Shen Zhou dies (b. 1427).