From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Eishô 5 (永正五年)
Timeline of 1508
Other Events of 1508
- Chôsokabe Kanetsugu is defeated by the Motoyama clan.
- Dragon pillars are placed at the entrance to the Seiden (Main Hall) of Shuri castle.
- Ôuchi Yoshioki marches on Kyoto and reinstates Ashikaga Yoshitane as shogun, forcing the resignation of Ashikaga Yoshizumi. Ôuchi is then named Kanrei.
- Takeda Nobutora launches an attack on his cousin Takeda Nobue over dominance of the clan.
Births and Deaths
- Kyôgoku Takayoshi, retainer to Ashikaga Yoshiaki, is born (d. 1581).
- Shimazu Tadamasa, lord of Satsuma, dies (b. 1463).