From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tenshô 5 (天正五年)
Timeline of 1577
- 1577/2 Nobunaga attacks the Negoroji and Saiga monks of Kii.
- 1577/9/15 Uesugi Kenshin occupies Noto province.
- 1577/9/23 Uesugi Kenshin defeats Oda Nobunaga at the Battle of Tedorigawa in Kaga.
- 1577/12/3 Hashiba (Toyotomi) Hideyoshi attacks Kôzuki castle in Harima province.
Other Events of 1577
- Nobunaga declares the castle town of Azuchi to be a duty-free market.
- Ôtomo Yoshishige sends an emissary to Shuri, seeking support from the Kingdom of Ryûkyû against the Shimazu clan. The kingdom refuses, and sends a mission to the Shimazu to shore up its relationship with the clan; the mission presents gifts and congratulates the Shimazu on their victories in conquering three neighboring provinces of Kyushu.
Births and Deaths
- Kanze Motohisa dies.
- Matsunaga Hisahide commits suicide after turning on Nobunaga.
- Painter Mitani Tôshuku is born (d. 1654).