National Treasures of Korea
(Redirected from National Treasure of Korea)Jump to navigationJump to search
The Republic of Korea maintains a formal list of National Treasures, expanded from a list originally created by the Japanese government during the colonial period.
Selected List of National Treasures of Korea
- 1) Namdaemun - Southern Gate of the old walled city of Seoul
- 2) Ten-story stone pagoda of Wongaksa (Wongak Temple), Tapgol Park
- 3) Monument of Wongaksa, Tapgol Park
- 24) Seokguram Grotto
- Several sites within Bulguksa Temple
- 70) Hunmin Jeongeum
- 78) Gilt-bronze Maitreya in Meditation, National Museum of Korea
- 81) Stone standing Maitreya, United Silla Period, National Museum of Korea
- 82) Stone standing Amitabha, United Silla Period, National Museum of Korea
- 83) Gilt-bronze Maitreya in Meditation, National Museum of Korea
- 86) Gyeongcheonsa Pagoda, National Museum of Korea
- 91) Terracotta sculpture of a horse and horseman, Silla, 5-6th c.
- 166) White porcelain jar with plum and bamboo design
- 223, 224) Several halls at Gyeongbokgung Palace
- 225) Hall at Changdeokgung Palace
- 226) Hall at Changgyeonggung Palace
- 227) Main hall at Jongmyo Shrine
- 228) Celestial map from reign of King Taejo (oldest Korean celestial map; second oldest in the world)
- 280) Bronze bell of Cheonheung-sa temple, Goryeo dynasty, National Museum of Korea
- 332) Iron Buddha sculpture, 10th c., National Museum of Korea
- 398) Worin Cheongang Jigok ("Songs of the Moon's Reflection on a Thousand Rivers")
- 837) Celestial map from reign of King Sukjong
- 932) Portrait of King Yeongjo
- Plaques at Tapgol Park.
- Gallery labels at Story of King Sejong museum.