From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kan'ei 15 (寛永十五年)
Timeline of 1638
- 1638/2/28 Shimabara Rebellion comes to an end.
- 1638/10 Shimazu clan retainers Itô Niemon Sukemasa, Hirata Munehiro, and Karimata Noriyasu depart Kagoshima on a mission to the Ryûkyû Kingdom, to announce that Shimazu Mitsuhisa has become lord of Satsuma han, and to request the Ryukyuan king's formal letter of reply, and oath of loyalty.
Other Events of 1638
- A system of policies is implemented for "permanent residency" status for Japanese in Ryûkyû.
- Prohibitions on Christianity are strengthened in Ryûkyû.
Births and Deaths
- Amakusa Shirô dies.
- Hachisuka Iemasa dies (b. 1558).
- Honda Tadamasa dies (b. 1575).
- Ikeda Tsunamasa, daimyô of Okayama han, is born (d. 1714).
- Karasumaru Mitsuhiro dies (b. 1579).
- Matsukura Katsuie dies.
- Shimazu Tadatsune dies (b. 1576).