From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Keichô 18 (慶長十八年)
Timeline of 1613
- 1613/9 Date Masamune (Sendai han) dispatches a political mission to Europe.
- 1613/12/23 The Tokugawa Bakufu officially orders the expulsion of all missionaries from Japan.
Voyage of the Clove
- Keichô 17/11/24 (Jan 14) - The English ship the Clove departs Java for Japan.
- 1613/1/20 (Mar 11) - The Clove arrives at Tidore (in modern-day Indonesia).
- 1613/2/24 (Apr 14) - The Clove departs the Moluccas for Japan.
- 1613/4/22 (Jun 10) - The Clove passes by Nagasaki.
- 1613/4/23 (Jun 11) - The Clove arrives at Hirado.
- 1613/5/20 (July 7) - John Saris and William Adams depart Hirado for Sunpu and Edo, traveling via Shimonoseki and Sakai.
- 1613/6/10 (July 27) - arrival at Osaka.
- 1613/6/12 (July 29) - arrival at Kyoto.
- 1613/7/22 (Sept 6) - arrival at Sunpu.
- 1613/7/24 (Sept 8) - Saris presents his official credentials to Tokugawa Ieyasu, along with gifts.
- 1613/7/28 (Sept 12) - Saris and Adams carve their names inside the Kamakura Daibutsu.
- 1613/7/30 (Sept 14) - arrival at Edo.
- 1613/8/4 (Sept 18) Capt. John Saris meets with Tokugawa Ieyasu. He presents the former shogun with gifts, including the first telescope to be taken out of Europe.
- 1613/8/7 (Sept 21) - departure from Edo for Hirado.
- 1613/8/15 (Sept 29) - arrival at Sunpu.
- 1613/8/25 (Oct 9) - departure from Sunpu.
- 1613/9/3 (Oct 16) - arrival at Kyoto.
- 1613/9/7 (Oct 20) - departure from Kyoto for Hirado.
- 1613/9/24 (Nov 6) - arrival at Hirado.
- 1613/9-10 (Nov) - British East India Company factory is established at Hirado.
- 1613/10/24 (Dec 5) - Saris departs Japan aboard the Clove.
Other Events of 1613
- The second volume of the Omoro Sôshi is compiled.
- Satsuma han orders that the princes of the Ryûkyû Kingdom, and the younger members of the Sanshikan, be sent to Satsuma as hostages.
- Satsuma bans Japanese merchants from traveling to the Sakishima Islands, or to other territories, without permission from Satsuma.
Births and Deaths