From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Keichô 17 (慶長十七年)
Timeline of 1612
- Keichô 17/11/24 (Jan 14 1613) - The English ship the Clove departs Java for Japan.
Other Events of 1612
- Christianity is banned in shogunal domains (tenryô).
- The post of kaizuri bugyô (O: keezui bujô), or Magistrate of Mother-of-Pearl, is established in Ryûkyû.
- The bank & mint in Sunpu is closed, and absorbed into the Kinza (shogunate mint & bank) in Edo, which expands considerably in the process.
- Ryukyuan tribute missions to Ming China are restricted to once every ten years.
- Japanese are forbidden from traveling to, or staying in, Ryûkyû (except on official Satsuma business).
- Several men request permission from the shogunate to establish and operate a pleasure quarters in Edo.
Births and Deaths