From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Meitoku 5 (明徳五年) / Ôei 1 (応永元年)
Timeline of 1394
Other Events of 1394
- Ashikaga Yoshimochi succeeds Ashikaga Yoshimitsu as Shogun.
- Seoul becomes the capital of Joseon dynasty Korea.
- Yoshimitsu is named daijô daijin, becoming only the second samurai after Taira no Kiyomori to hold that title.
Births and Deaths
- Shogun Ashikaga Yoshinori is born (d. 1441).
- Ashikaga Yoshitsugu is born (d. 1418).
- King Gongyang of Goryeo, the last king of the Korean kingdom of Goryeo, dies (b. 1345).
- Zen master Ikkyû Sôjun is born (d. 1481).
- Kanze Motomasa, son of Zeami, is born.
- Takeda Nobunari dies.