From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kansei 7 (寛政七年)
Timeline of 1795
- 1795/2 Sharaku ceases producing ukiyo-e prints.
- 1795/3 Tachibana Nankei's Saiyûki is published.
- 1795/8 Tachibana Nankei's Tôyûki is published.
Other Events of 1795
- The Kansei Reforms are implemented.
- The shogunate closes over fifty illegal pleasure districts in Edo.
- Maruyama Ôzui succeeds his father as head of the Maruyama family, and takes his father's studio name 'Mondo'.
- A Ryukyuan ship crashes at Shimoda, Nakamura city, Tosa province. The 35-year-old passenger (or crewman), Zanami, dies and is buried in the mountains behind the Rinzai Zen temple Nanshû-ji (in modern-day Shimanto city).
- Representatives of the Dutch East India Company pay tribute and kowtow to the Chinese Emperor in Beijing.
- Shô On succeeds his grandfather Shô Boku as King of Ryûkyû.
Births and Deaths