From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
An'ei 3 (安永三年)
Timeline of 1774
- 1774/5 Ichikawa Ebizô III, his son Ichikawa Danjûrô V, Iwai Hanshirô IV and Matsumoto Kôshirô IV leave the Nakamura-za, leaving Nakamura Nakazô I as the top remaining actor.
Other Events of 1774
- Kaitai shinsho, a translation of the Dutch edition of a German book on anatomy, is published by a team of rangaku scholars.
- Toriyama Sekien's Sekien gafu, the first work to make use of bokashi (gradation printing), is published.
Births and Deaths
- An'ei 2/12/6 (Jan 17, 1774) - Shimazu Narinobu is born (d. 1841).
- Kanze Motoaki dies.
- Kabuki actor Sakata Tôjûrô III dies.