From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kyôhô 20 (享保二十年)
Timeline of 1735
1735/10 In a shûmei ceremony at the Ichimura-za, Ichikawa Danjûrô II becomes Ichikawa Ebizô II; his adopted son Ichikawa Masugorô becomes Ichikawa Danjûrô III and Matsumoto Shichizô I becomes Matsumoto Kôshirô II.
Other Events of 1735
- Makiminato-bashi and Miebashi are rebuilt in stone.
- Emperor Nakamikado abdicates in favor of Emperor Sakuramachi.
- Ii Naosada succeeds Ii Naonobu as lord of Hikone han.
- A flood ravages Obama han, leading to famine.
- The Qianlong Emperor takes the throne in Qing China, succeeding the Yongzheng Emperor.
- Sai On oversees the creation of irrigation and flood control efforts at the Haneji River.
- Sai On institutes governmental promotion of tree planting in Ryûkyû.
- The Tokugawa shogunate institutes a price floor on rice. Merchants in Edo must sell rice for no less than one ryô per 1.4 koku, and in Osaka no less than 42 momme per koku.
- The shogunate reissues a ban on daimyô and hatamoto visiting the Yoshiwara.
Births and Deaths
- Armorer Myôchin Munesuke dies (b. 1688).
- Tôdô Takaharu, daimyô of Tsu han, dies (b. 1710).
- Utagawa Toyoharu, founder of the Utagawa school of ukiyo-e, is born.