From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tenna 2 (天和二年)
Timeline of 1682
- 1682/2/22 Honda Toshinaga reassigned to Murayama han (Dewa province) from Yokosuka han.
- 1682/3/12 Bakufu awards a farmer Gorôemon in Suruga for hilial devotion.
- 1682/7/16 Bakufu bans people to use "Tenka Ichi"
- 1682/8/27 Korean envoy meet Shogun in Edo castle.
- 1682/10 Ihara Saikaku's Kôshoku ichidai otoko ("The Life of an Amorous Man") is first published in Osaka.
- 1682/12/28 A big fire burns down more than 50000 houses in Edo.(Oshichi fire)
Other Events of 1682
- The Chinese Board of Rites suggests that Ryukyuan investiture take place by proxy in Fuzhou, to spare China the effort of sending investiture envoys to Ryûkyû; Ryûkyû insists, however, and an embassy is dispatched to Ryûkyû, maintaining the traditional pattern of investiture.
- Kinoshita Jun'an is named official Confucian advisor to the shogunate.
- Korean embassy journeys to Edo.
- Ryukyuan embassy journeys to Edo.
- Takatsukasa Fusasuke resigns as kanpaku; Konoe Motohiro is next in line for the position, but is passed over in favor of Ichijô Fuyutsune.
- The Tsuboya pottery district is created as the Ryûkyû royal government orders kilns & potters moved to Tsuboya from various places across the island.
- Tsuruga han formed.
Births and Deaths
- Arai Masanari dies.
- Gu Yanwu dies (b. 1613).
- Ukiyo-e artist Miyagawa Chôshun is born.
- Sai On is born (d. 1761).
- Chinese artist Shen Nanpin (Shen Quan) is born (d. 1765).
- Illustrator Yamamoto Shunshô dies (b. 1610).
- Confucian scholar Yamazaki Ansai dies (b. 1618).
- Zhu Shunsui dies (b. 1600).