From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tenshô 13 (天正十三年)
Timeline of 1585
- 1585/1 Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Tokugawa Ieyasu formally make peace.
- 1585/4 Hideyoshi subdues the Negorogumi monto of Kii.
- 1585/6 Hideyoshi invades Shikoku with roughly 100,000 men.
- 1585/7/11 Hideyoshi is named Kampaku by the court. Hideyoshi also names five administrators (Bugyo) to govern Kyoto. Included are Ishida Mitsunari and Asano Nagamasa.
- 1585/8/6 Chosokabe Motochika surrenders and has his holdings reduced to Tosa province.
- 1585/8/20 Sassa Narimasa surrenders Etchu to Hideyoshi.
- 1585/int.8 Hashiba Hideyoshi officially takes the name Toyotomi.
- 1585/10/8 Date Terumune is killed by Hatakeyama Yoshitsugu. He is succeded by his son, Date Masamune
- 1585/11/29 Etchû province is struck by an earthquake.
Other Events of 1585
- Construction of Osaka castle is completed.
- Chosokabe Motochika's third son Tsuno Chikatada is sent to Toyotomi Hideyoshi as a hostage.
Births and Deaths
- Niwa Nagahide dies.
- Maeda Hidetsugu and his wife are killed in the Etchû earthquake.
- Pope Gregory XIII dies (b. 1502).