- Bakufu loyalists Vs. Emperor loyalists
In April, 1868, about 2000 Bakufu loyalists gathered at Konodai in Shimosa province. They formed 3 units and headed north. (Commander: Ôtori Keisuke)
- 4/19, the front unit (captains: Akizuki Noborinosuke and Hijikata Toshizô) defeated the Imperial troop(Kagawa unit) and occupied Utsunomiya castle. The Reinforcement corps were immediately called. They defeated other Bakufu troops at Iwai. (4/20)
- 4/22, the Ôtori units attempted to take over Mibu castle but defeated by the reinforcement corps.
- 4/23, the Ôtori units abandoned Utsunomiya castle due to the increase of Imperial troops and retreated to Aizu.
- Bakumatsu Boshin Seinan Senso (幕末戊辰西南戦争) Gakken 2006