From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tenmei 7 (天明七年)
Timeline of 1787
- 1787/2/16 Ikegawa paper Ikki
- 1787/4/15 Tokugawa Ienari becomes the 11th Shogun.
- 1787/5 Rice riots break out in Osaka; city residents band together and attack the rice storehouses.
- 1787/5/20-24 Similar riots break out in Edo, and around the same time or shortly afterwards in thirty other cities.
- 1787/6/19 Matsudaira Sadanobu launches the Kansei Reforms.
- 1787/8/4 Bakufu extends Thrift order.
- 1787/11/19 Kuchitanba Ikki.
- 1787/12/22 Doheiji Sôdô.
Other Events of 1787
- The Buke shohatto are repromulgated.
- Jean-François de Galaup, comte de La Pérouse, a Frenchman, runs aground on a reef near Yaeyama Island.
- Matsudaira Sadanobu is appointed head of the rôjû.
- Matsumura Goshun joins Maruyama Ôkyo's Shijô studio.
- Morishima Chûryô's Kômô zatsuwa is published.
- The Hayashi clan school at the Yushima Seidô is officially renamed Shôheizaka gakumonjo, and brought under the direct control of the shogunate, to serve as a site for the education and training of shogunal and domainal officials.
- The Great Tenmei Famine abates, and comes to an end.
- Tay Son Rebellion - Le Chieu Thong is pushed out of Dong Kinh by Tay Son leader Nguyen Van Hung, and flees to China.
- A fire ravages the Yoshiwara.
Births and Deaths