From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kanshô 6 (寛正六年)
Timeline of 1465
Other Events of 1465
- The Chenghua Emperor takes the throne in China.
- Hongan-ji in Kyoto is destroyed.
- Shogun Ashikaga Yoshimasa visits the Shôsôin and requests & receives a piece of the ranjatai, an Imperial treasure piece of aromatic sandalwood. He and Oda Nobunaga are possibly the only two people outside of the Imperial family to have ever been granted this honor.
- A tally trade mission, consisting of three ships, and co-sponsored by the Ashikaga shogunate and the Ôuchi and Hosokawa clans, leaves for China.
Births and Deaths
- Future shogun Ashikaga Yoshihisa is born (d. 1489).