From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
North (Kenmu 3; 建武三年); South (Engen 1; 延元一年)
Timeline of 1336
- 1336/1 Ashikaga Takauji's army enters Kyoto.
- Kitabatake Akiie counter-attacks and forces Takauji to retreat to Settsu. Takauji later moves on to Harima.
- 1336/1/30 Emperor Go-Daigo returns to Kyoto.
- 1336/2/11 Nitta Yoshisada defeats Takauji. Takauji leaves Harima for Kyushu.
- 1336/3/2 Ashikaga forces defeat the Kikuchi at the Battle of Tadara-no-hama (Chikuzen).
- 1336/4/3 Ashikaga Takauji's campaign to recapture Kyoto begins.
- 1336/5/25 Nitta Yoshisada is defeated at the Battle of Minatogawa (Harima); Kusunoki Masashige is killed.
- 1336/6 Go-Daigo flees Kyoto to Mt. Hiei.
- 1336/8/15 Emperor Kômyô ascends to the Imperial throne in Kyoto.
- 1336/9 The Emperor retires to Higashi no Tôin in Kyoto.
- 1336/11/7 Takauji issues the seventeen-article Kenmu Shikimoku.
- 1336/12 Go-Daigo departs the capital for Yoshino.
Other Events of 1336
Births and Deaths of 1336
- 1336/5/25 Kusunoki Masashige is killed.