From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kanbun 12 (寛文十二年)
Timeline of 1672
Other Events of 1672
- Asano Tsunaakira succeeds Asano Mitsuakira as daimyô of Hiroshima han.
- British East India Company challenges VOC monopoly on pepper, sparking Third Anglo-Dutch War (ends 1673).
- Domestic shipping circuits are established by Kawamura Zuiken.
- Grave of the Five Hôjô Lords is established at Sôun-ji in Hakone.
- The Bazhou huapu ("Eight Categories of Painting") is first published in a Japanese version.
- Shuri castle is rebuilt; from this time on, it has a tiled roof.
- Shakushain's Revolt in Ezo is suppressed and brought to an end (began 1669).
Births and Deaths