From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kan'ei 8 (寛永八年)
Timeline of 1631
- 1631/10/5 The shogunate appoints two machi bugyô for Edo (one "north magistrate" and one "south").
- 1631/11/5 The shogunate issues restrictions on samurai's clothing and housing.
Other Events of 1631
- Hôsho system is introduced, requiring red seal ships to now carry an additional authorization form.
- Monopoly privileges on silk under the itowappu system are extended to Chinese traders.
- Satsuma han appoints Kawakami Matazaemon Tadamichi the first zaiban bugyô assigned to oversee matters in Ryûkyû as an agent of the domain.
- Shinmachi pleasure district in Osaka is established.
- The shogunate bans samurai's servants from being promoted to full samurai status.
- Tokugawa Tadanaga is stripped of his position as daimyô of Kôfu.
Births and Deaths
- Ashina Morishige, daimyô of Aizu han, dies (b. 1575).
- Honda Tadazumi, Tokugawa retainer, dies (b. 1586).
- Hoshino Masamitsu, Tokugawa retainer, dies (b. 1561).
- Jufuku-in, concubine of Maeda Toshiie and mother of Maeda Toshitsune, dies (b. 1570).
- Katô Yoshiaki, one of the Seven Spears of Shizugatake, dies (b. 1563).