From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Genki 3 (元亀三年)
Timeline of 1572
- 1572/1 Takeda Shingen and the Hôjô make peace; the latter breaks off relations with the Uesugi.
- 1572/4 Oda Nobunaga defeats the remnants of the Rokkaku family in Ômi province.
- 1572/5 Ryûzôji Takanobu forces the surrender of Tsukushi Hirokado of Chikuzen province.
- 1572/6 Shimazu Yoshihisa defeats Ito Yoshisuke at the Battle of Kizakihara in Hyûga province.
- 1572/9 Oda Nobunaga makes an unsucessful attack on Odani castle, the Asai's headquarters.
- 1572/12 Akiyama Nobutomo, a Takeda retainer, captures Iwamura castle in mino from the Oda.
Other Events of 1572
- The Anno 1572 Supernova appears in the sky, and remains visible until 1574.
- The Dutch war of independence, fought against Hapsburg Spain, begins.
- Emissaries from Satsuma province arrive in Okinawa, seeking tribute or vassalage from the Kingdom of Ryûkyû and are refused.
- Buddhist priests and students from Ryûkyû begin to travel through Kagoshima (Satsuma) on pilgrimages to the "Five Great Temples" of Kyoto.
- Shô Ei succeeds his father as king of Ryûkyû.
- Tokugawa Ieyasu loses Futamata castle to the Takeda during the Mikatagahara campaign.
- Kojima Motoshige, as lord of Toyama castle in Etchû, repulses attacks by the Ikkô-ikki.
Battles of 1572
Births and Deaths