From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kenryaku 3 (建暦三年) / Kenpô 1 (建保元年)
Timeline of 1213
- 1213/5/2 Wada Conflict: Wada Yoshimori launches an attack on the Kamakura residences of Shogun Minamoto no Sanetomo, Ôe Hiromoto, and Hôjô Yoshitoki.
Other Events of 1213
- Hôjô Yoshitoki and Hôjô Masako, seeing Wada Yoshimori as a threat to their control of the shogunate, arrest two of Yoshimori's sons, along with his nephew Tanenaga, on accusations of conspiracy against the shogunate. The sons were released shortly afterwards, but the Hôjô then also seized Wada lands, as Wada Yoshimori began to gather military allies.
Births and Deaths
- Jien, author of the Gukanshô, dies (b. 1155).
- Jôkei dies (b. 1155).
- Lanxi Daolong, founder of Kenchô-ji, is born (d. 1278).
- Taira no Tokuko (Kenreimon-in) dies (b. 1155).
- Wada Yoshimori dies (b. 1147).