From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Jishô 5 (治承五年) / Yôwa 1 (養和元年)
Timeline of 1181
- 1181/6 Fujiwara no Yukitaka is named director of reconstruction of the temples (and their sacred images) destroyed in the Siege of Nara nearly six months earlier.
- Jishô 4/12/28 The Kôfuku-ji, Tôdai-ji, and Gangô-ji burn along with much of Nara (Siege of Nara).
- 1181/1/20 Minamoto no Yukiie is defeated by Taira forces at Mino.
- 1181/int. 2/15 Taira no Shigehira leaves for the east.
- 1181/3/10 Battle of Sunomata - Minamoto no Yukiie is defeated by Taira no Tomomori.
- 1181/8/14 The order is issued for pacification of the Hokuriku-dô.
- 1181/9/4 Kiso no Yoshinaka defeats Taira forces in Echizen.
Other Events of 1181
- Taira no Munemori succeeds his father as head of the Taira clan.
- Poor harvests and the resulting famine force a lull in the fighting.
Births and Deaths
- 1181/int. 2.4 Taira no Kiyomori dies (b. 1118).
- Emperor Takakura dies.
- Miura Yoshiaki, progenitor of the Miura clan, dies.