From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Born: 1826
- Died: 1862
- Titles: 玉川王子 (Tamagawa ôji / Prince Tamagawa)
- Other Names: 尚 慎 (Shô Shin)
- Japanese: 玉川 朝達 (Tamagawa Chôtatsu)
He was later involved in a political scandal known as the Makishi-Onga Incident in 1858-1859, and was sentenced to home confinement at his mansion in Itoman (Kanegusuku magiri); he died there in 1862.
- Hirayama Toshijirô 平山敏治郎, "Nyûrai Ryûkyû ki" 入来琉球記, Minzoku gaku kenkyûsho kiyô 民俗学研究所紀要 3 (1978/12), 124.
- Takatsu Takashi 高津孝, Nihon kinsei seikatsu ehiki: Ryûkyûjin gyôretsu to Edo hen 日本近世生活絵引：琉球人行列と江戸編. Research Center for Nonwritten Cultural Materials, Institute for the Study of Japanese Folk Culture, Kanagawa University 神奈川大学日本常民文化研究所非文字資料研究センター (2020), 38-39.