From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kôgyoku 4 (皇極四年)/Taika 1 (大化元年)
Timeline of 645
- 645/6/12 Isshi Incident - Soga no Iruka is assassinated, leading to the downfall of the Soga clan.
- 645/6/13 Soga no Emishi commits suicide, ending the main lineage of the Soga clan.
- 645/6/14 Empress Kôgyoku abdicates in favor of her brother who becomes Emperor Kôtoku. Prince Naka no Ôe is named Crown Prince; Kôtoku appoints new Ministers.
- 645/6/15 A number of clans swear allegiance to the Yamato court.
- 645/6/19 The Imperial era of Taika is established.
- 645/8 Koseki system is established.
- 645/9/12 Prince Furuhito no Ôe is killed.
- 645/12 Imperial capital is moved from Asuka to Naniwa.
Other Events of 645
- Journey to the West: Xuanzang returns to China from his journey to India, which he began in 629.
- The Kannon statue at Sensô-ji is declared sacrosanct and is hidden away from the view of lay visitors.
Births and Deaths
- Though established on 6/19 of the 4th year of Kôgyoku, for the purpose of calculating dates, it retroactively is considered to have begun on 2 Feburary 645, or 1/1 of the 4th year of Kôgyoku. As a result, the remaining dates presented here for 645 correspond to the correct day and month of either Kôgyoku 4 or Taika 1 interchangably.