From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
North: Ôan 7 (応安七年); South: Bunchû 3 (文中三年)
Timeline of 1374
Other Events of 1374
- Ashikaga Yoshimitsu sends envoys to China, hoping to establish formal relations with the Ming Dynasty, but is rebuffed.
- Ashikaga Yoshimitsu views sarugaku for the first time.
- Hosokawa clan become shugo of Settsu province.
- Kyushu Tandai Imagawa Sadayo reaches an agreement with the Shimazu, Shôni, and Ôtomo clans, who promise their loyalty to the shogunate.
- The Ming reduce the frequency of Korean tribute missions to China to once in three years.
- Shimazu Ujihisa sends an embassy to China in the hopes of establishing tributary relations, but is rebuffed.
- Sugar cane is introduced to Okinawa.
- Taiki, son of King Satto of Chûzan, travels to Nanjing, to formally express the kingdom's submission to China.
Births and Deaths
- Pirate leader Fang Guozhen dies (b. 1319).
- Kikuchi Takemitsu dies.
- Murakami Yoshihiro dies.
- Chinese painter Ni Zan dies (b. 1301).