From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Castle: Nagoya castle
- Lords: Owari Tokugawa clan
- Kokudaka: 619,500 koku
- Japanese: 尾張藩 (Owari han)
Owari han was an Edo period domain ruled by the Owari Tokugawa clan, one of the three Gosanke branches of the main Tokugawa clan lineage of the first Tokugawa shoguns. Based at Nagoya castle, the domain boasted a kokudaka of 619,500 koku.
The domain maintained two mansions in Edo: one at Kôjimachi (the neighborhood is now known as Kioi-chô), and one at Ichigaya. The grounds of the latter is today home to the Ministry of Defense.
Many of the treasures previously owned by the Tokugawa lords of Owari are today held in the Tokugawa Art Museum in Nagoya.
Lords of Owari han
- Tokugawa Tadayoshi (d. 1608, 4th son of Tokugawa Ieyasu)
- Tokugawa Yoshinao (1600-1650; 7th son of Tokugawa Ieyasu)
- Tokugawa Mitsutomo (son of Yoshinao)
- Tokugawa Tsunanari
- Tokugawa Yoshimichi
- Tokugawa Gorôta
- Tokugawa Tsugutomo
- Tokugawa Muneharu
- Tokugawa Munekatsu
- Tokugawa Munechika
- Tokugawa Naritomo (d. 1850)
- Tokugawa Nariharu
- Tokugawa Naritaka
- Tokugawa Yoshitsugu
- Tokugawa Yoshikumi
- Tokugawa Mochinaga
- Tokugawa Yoshinori (1858-1875)
- Tokugawa Yoshikatsu (last lord of Owari han)
Notable Retainers of Owari han
- ↑ Asao Naohiro (ed.), Fudai daimyô Ii ke no girei, Hikone Castle Museum (2004), 329.