Uozu castle was a fortress in Etchû province, just south of Toyama Bay. Medieval records indicate that it was built in 1335, making it a Nanboku-chô period castle.
The castle would, in the 1570s, come under the control of the Uesugi clan; Shibata Katsuie and Sassa Narimasa led Oda Nobunaga's forces in the siege of Uozu in 1582, capturing it in the 5th lunar month of that year along with nearby Matsukura castle. Sassa became lord of Uozu for a time, but when he was reassigned to Higo province, Uozu came into the domain of Maeda Toshiie of Kaga province.
- Terada Shôichi (ed.) Meijô wo aruku 2: Kanazawa-jô. Tokyo: PHP Kenkyûsho, 2002.