From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Shouldn't this page be titled "Ota Gyuichi" by the rules?
- It is おおた not おうた. Minor quibble, but I think since it is oo rather than ou it should be "spelled out" - I did create a redirect with "Ota" though, just to prevent search problems. --Kitsuno 20:47, 1 December 2006 (PST)
- Does that mean we will have Oosaka, Oomori and Ootsu also?--Bethetsu 01:38, 2 December 2006 (PST)
- Obviously the english language standard is Osaka and Otsu. I think "Oota" also helps to seperate it from the surname "Ota", otherwise it isn't very clear. --Kitsuno 09:30, 2 December 2006 (PST)
- The problem is that both 大 and 太 are おお. What is the basis for using "Oo" for 太田 and "O" for names with 大 like Otani, Ameterasu Omikami, Oishi Kuranosuke, Osumi province, Otomo, Omura, etc.?
- There will be doubled names whatever we do with Romaji. There is 森、毛利、大友、大伴, besides people with exactly the same name even in kanji. --Bethetsu 04:53, 3 December 2006 (PST)
- I'll change it over, I forgot about the fact that the romaji next to the kanji will make it obvious anyway. --Kitsuno 11:55, 3 December 2006 (PST)