- Other Names: 谷御所 (tani no gosho)
- Japanese: 霊鑑寺 (reikanji)
Established in 1654 by Emperor Go-Mizunoo, the temple belongs to the Nanzen-ji branch of Rinzai Zen. Reikan-ji's abbesses came from the Imperial family, and many of the nuns were monzeki (members of aristocratic families who took the tonsure). The temple was originally located a short distance to the south, but moved in 1687 to take over the palace of Retired Emperor Go-Sai, which was offered to the temple. Some of these buildings survive today; most of the rest were built with funding from Shogun Tokugawa Ienari.
Reikan-ji possesses numerous treasures associated with the Imperial family, including works of calligraphy by Emperors Go-Nara, Ôgimachi, Go-Mizunoo, and Go-Sai, and a jûnihitoe set of robes worn by Tôfukumon'in.
- Plaques on-site.