- Founder: Shôtoku Taishi
- Other Names: 十二坊
- Japanese: 上品蓮台寺 (Joubonrendai-ji)
The temple complex lost many of its buildings in the Ônin War (1467-1477), but much was rebuilt in the 1590s; the high priest Shôsei Shônin also established twelve sub-temples in the area at that time, earning the temple the name "Jûnibô," or "twelve monks."
Jôbonrendai-ji possesses a number of notable treasures, including a piece of calligraphy in which the Emperor Murakami inscribed the name of the temple, as well as the Eingakyô illustrated sutra scroll (a National Treasure), and paintings of Jizô bodhisattva and Monju bodhisattva which are considered Important Cultural Assets.
- Plaques on-site.