- Titles: 図書頭 (Zusho no kami)
- Other Names: 謙二郎 (Kenjirou), 省斎 (Seisai)
- Japanese: 平山敬忠 (Hirayama Yoshitada)
When negotiations regarding the opening of Shimoda were still underway in the first two months of 1854, Hirayama was among the officials who boarded Perry's ships several times and were present for those discussions. When Perry turned to sail to Hakodate in the 4th month of that year, Hirayama was among those quickly dispatched to meet him there. They arrived in the 5th month and met with Perry again, this time to negotiate policies governing American activity in the port of Hakodate.
- Ishin Shiryô Kôyô 維新史料綱要, vol 1 (1937), 556, 567, 593, 598, 599.
- Ishin Shiryô Kôyô 維新史料綱要, vol 3 (1937), 217.