- Japanese': 富士講 （Fuji kou)
Fuji-kô were commoner associations which emerged in the Edo period, dedicated to folk religious worship of the gods of Mt. Fuji. As many could not afford to travel to Fuji, or in the case of women or certain others were not permitted to climb Fuji, many of these Fuji-kô contributed to the construction, maintenance, or simply the use of miniature Fujis - locations within the city of Edo, or elsewhere in the archipelago, where Fuji could be worshiped by proxy.
Two such sites lay in the Meguro neighborhood of Tokyo alone. "Meguro Fuji" was built in 1812, and features a Sengen Shrine at its peak, some 12 meters above street level. The site was leveled in 1878, and stone markers associated with the Sengen Shrine were relocated to Hikawa Shrine, nearby.
Festivals continued to be observed on the site for some time, and in 1977 "Meguro Fuji" was restored.