From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kyôhô 3 (享保三年)
Timeline of 1718
- 1718/1/1 A big fire in Takamatsu.(Sanuki province)
- 1718/1 Kokura, Fukuoka, and Chôshû defeat illegal trading ships from Qing.
- 1718/3/11 Farmers riot in Chôshû han.
- 1718/3/12 Farmers riot in Hiroshima han.
- 1718/5/8 Bakufu bans luxurious clothes.
- 1718/10/18 Firefighters' squad (machi bikeshi) assembled in Edo.
- 1718/11/13 Ryukyuan embassy to Edo.
Other Events of 1718
- Kabuki theatres in Edo first come to have roofs.
- The Meirindô, the first school in Okinawa, opens in Kumemura.
- Sai On becomes a member of the Sanshikan in Ryûkyû.
- Shogunate allows post stations to have serving girls (i.e. allowing prostitution). Many post stations see a rise in their economic prosperity in subsequent years as a result.
- Tamagusuku Chôkun, is once again named udui bugyô.
Births and Deaths