From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Meireki 4 (明暦四年) / Manji 1 (万治元年)
Timeline of 1658
- 1658/7/23 The Eiroku era begins.
- 1658/9/8 The shogunate organizes four firefighting squads, covering all of Edo, and consisting entirely of samurai.
Other Events of 1658
- Kyôgoku clan take command of Marugame castle.
- The Nagasaki-ya in Edo is severely damaged, or destroyed, in a fire.
Births and Deaths
- Date Tadamune dies.
- Genpaku Sôtan dies (b. 1578).
- Hineno Yoshitomo dies (b. 1588).
- Hisamatsu Yoshitomo dies (b. 1588).
- Maeda Toshitsune, third daimyô of Kaga han, dies (b. 1593).
- Muro Kyûso is born (d. 1734).
- Nakamura Kanzaburô I dies.
- Ôgata Kôrin is born (d. 1716).
- Sanada Nobuyuki dies (b. 1566).
- Tairô Yanagisawa Yoshiyasu is born (d. 1714).