From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tenmon 16 (天文十六年)
Timeline of 1547
Other Events of 1547
- Saitô Dôsan defeats an army under Oda Nobuhide at Kanoguchi in Owari.
- Nagao Kagetora (Uesugi Kenshin) defeats Nagao Harukage and assumes power in Echigo.
- Oda Nobunaga participates in his first campaign, in Mikawa province.
- The final Japanese kangô bôeki (tally trade) mission, sponsored by the Ôuchi clan and consisting of four ships, leaves for China (it arrives two years later).
- Japanese trade in Korea is limited to the port of Pusan, and Japanese in Korea are stripped of many privileges. This leads to an increase in piracy and coastal raiding.
Births and Deaths