From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Taiei 5 (大永五年)
Timeline of 1525
Other Events of 1525
- Emperor Go-Kashiwabara is succeeded by Emperor Go-Nara.
- The Ôuchi clan, with the help of the Sô clan, sends an imposter envoy to Korea, claiming to represent the Ashikaga shogunate, and claiming that all ivory tallies made during the hongzhi era (1488-1505) are fakes, while those marked with the Chinese era name zhengde (1506-1521) were authentic without a doubt. This was part of a scheme to block the Hosokawa clan from access to trade, as the Hosokawa held largely the older tallies, while the Ôuchi held the newer ones.
- The Takeda, with the aid of Amako Hisayuki, face off against the Ôuchi.
- Imagawa Ujichika builds a castle at Nagoya.
Births and Deaths
- Missionary Luis de Almeida is born (d. 1583).
- Oyamada Yorisada is born (d. 1588).
- Sôami dies.
- Takeda Nobushige, brother of Takeda Shingen, is born (d. 1561).
- Terazawa Hiromasa is born (d. 1596).
- Painter Tosa Mitsunobu dies (b. 1494).
- Uesugi Tomosada is born (d. 1546).