From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Chôroku 3 (長禄三年)
Timeline of 1459
Other Events of 1459
- Kanamaru is named to the post of Omonogusuku osasu no soba, granted territory, and the title of Lord of Uchima.
- Two Korean envoy ships are destroyed in a storm in the Tsushima Channel, though a bakufu ship arrives home safely. The Korean envoy himself is lost, but a set of sutras, and the official missives from the King of Joseon Korea, arrive safely in Japan.
- A temple bell from the Okinawan temple of Rinkaiji dates back to this year.
Births and Deaths
- 1459/1/9 Hino Tomiko gives birth to her first child; the child dies the same day.
- Nagao Yoshikage is born (d. 1506).
- Waka poet Shotetsu dies (b. 1381).