From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
North: Eitoku 3 (永徳三年); South: Kôwa 3 (弘和三年)
Timeline of 1383
- 1383/12 A tribute mission from Hokuzan, led by Mo Kesshû (模結習), arrives in China, marking the beginning of Hokuzan's tributary relations with the Ming Dynasty.
Other Events of 1383
- Emperor Chôkei abdicates in favor of Emperor Go-Kameyama.
- Retired Emperor Go-Enyû, suspecting his consort Azechi no Tsubone of having an affair with Shogun Ashikaga Yoshimitsu, strikes her with a sword within the Imperial Palace. Afterwards, contemplating his actions, he considers suicide, but ultimately does not go through with it.
- The kingdoms of Chûzan and Nanzan are both granted royal seals by the Ming Dynasty.
- Ming China issues the first kangô bôeki trade tallies.
- Timur-i-lang establishes the Timurid Empire in Persia / Central Asia.
Births and Deaths
- Prince Kanenaga dies.