From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Genroku 5 (元禄五年)
Timeline of 1692
- 1692/7 The shogunate reissues the buke shohatto.
Other Events of 1692
- Engelbert Kaempfer leaves Japan.
- The Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Ryûkyû (the future King Shô Eki) visits Kagoshima, furthering a precedent established in 1660; from then on, all Ryukyuan Crown Princes were expected to pay a formal visit to Kagoshima upon reaching age fifteen.
- Shogunate reissues a 1630 ban on the establishment of new Buddhist temples, but allows those that have been established in the intervening time to continue.
Births and Deaths
- Sô Yoshinobu is born (d. 1730).