From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tenshô 12 (天正十二年)
Timeline of 1584
- 1584/4/9 Battle of Nagakute
- 1584/11 Sassa Narimasa "Sarasara goe"
- 1584/11/12 Luis Frois composes a letter to Rome, requesting 50,000 religious paintings, a printing press, plates from which prints could be made, and printing technicians. (The request would not be filled, on account of a lack of supply in Rome.)
- 1584/12/25 Sasa Narimasa meets Tokugawa Ieyasu at Hamamatsu castle.
Other Events of 1584
- First Spanish trading ships arrive at Hirado.
- Kanô Eitoku and members of the Kanô school produce paintings to decorate Osaka castle.
- Hideyoshi orders a land survey of Ômi province; his Taikô kenchi ("The Taikô's Land Survey") enters its mature phase.
- Hideyoshi orders all daimyô to construct mansions in Osaka, where they can attend upon him and where he can keep an eye on them.
Births and Deaths