- Established: 1376
- Japanese: 禅源寺 (Zengen-ji)
The temple lay along the route traveled by Ryukyuan embassies to Edo during the Edo period, and possesses a still-extant work of calligraphy composed in 1718 by Ryukyuan vice-ambassador (fukushi) Shô Wasei / Nishihira ueekata Chôjo and gifted by Chôjo to the temple.
- Watanabe Miki. "Nihon ni okeru Ryûkyû shiseki." (personal website)