From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Can I change this part (His full name was Serizawa Kamo Taira no Mitsumoto.)
to Other names: Serizawa Mitsumoto, Shimomura Tsuguji, Taira no Mitsumoto.
- I think that until we get some sort of consensus on it, that's how we should do it. --Kitsuno 10:31, 7 February 2007 (PST)
- For the time being, I think that we should leave "other names" out instead.
- Other than Serizawa's full name, he could be referred as "Serizawa Kamo" or "Serizawa Kamo Mitsumoto". In writing, he was sometimes referred as "Taira no Mitsumoto" (formal name used in writing) or "Serizawa Mitsumoto" (like the "initials" for his full name.) Seven 23:38, 8 February 2007 (PST)
- Well, those are "other names he was known by/referred to as", so it seems to fit the idea of another name. I'm not sure what the contention is here. It seems to fit there at least temporarily until we find some sort of consensus. If we knew what that type of name was called, we could add an additional line for it. I eventually want to list everyone's names under the correct title (imina, nanori, etc), but for now, until I sort that all out I've just been putting it under "other names". --Kitsuno 00:38, 9 February 2007 (PST)
- My point is that neither "Taira no Mitsumoto" or "Serizawa Mitsumoto" is like "Shimomura Tsuguji" at all. It's not a good idea to list them together under "other names" (in my opinion.) Seven 00:58, 9 February 2007 (PST)
- Ok, now I understand what you're talking about. The problem with that is that none of the "other names" are really "alike" - "Ichizaemon" is not the same type of name as "Kippoushi" is not the same type of name as "Nobunaga", but until I get everything organized, I use "other names as a catch all for "other names". --Kitsuno 09:52, 9 February 2007 (PST)
- "Serizawa Kamo Mitsumoto" is fine to me. Anyway, the S-A wiki just started last year, we have many things to organize. We need a page to explain all those names.Can you make the page, Seven? --Shikisoku 01:39, 9 February 2007 (PST)