Changes

From SamuraiWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
no edit summary
Line 21: Line 21:  
The Daigokuden (main audience hall), four bays from north to south (3.6m), and 11 bays (16.3m) from east to west, lay to the north of the ''chôdôin''. It was surrounded by a ''hisashi'', or covered exterior walkway. The Daigokuden was a showy and impressive structure, with green roof tiles and vermillion pillars, and was the largest structure in the palace complex. The interior was floored with bricks, and housed the emperor's throne, elevated on a pedestal.  
 
The Daigokuden (main audience hall), four bays from north to south (3.6m), and 11 bays (16.3m) from east to west, lay to the north of the ''chôdôin''. It was surrounded by a ''hisashi'', or covered exterior walkway. The Daigokuden was a showy and impressive structure, with green roof tiles and vermillion pillars, and was the largest structure in the palace complex. The interior was floored with bricks, and housed the emperor's throne, elevated on a pedestal.  
   −
The Heian Imperial Palace was first built in [[795]], the year after the establishment of [[Heian-kyo|Heian-kyô]] (Kyoto) as the Imperial capital. It was repaired, and burned, and repaired numerous times, but after a great fire in [[1177]], it was not rebuilt. The rituals and ceremonies that had been performed in the Daigokuden were transferred to the Shishinden (紫宸殿), the "Hall for State Ceremonies" within the ''dairi''.
+
The Heian Imperial Palace was first built in [[795]], the year after the establishment of [[Heian-kyo|Heian-kyô]] (Kyoto) as the Imperial capital. It was repaired, and burned, and repaired numerous times, but after a great fire in [[1177]]/4, many significant buildings were not rebuilt. The rituals and ceremonies that had been performed in the Daigokuden were transferred to the Shishinden (紫宸殿), the "Hall for State Ceremonies" within the ''dairi''.
    
The entire Imperial Palace complex was re-established afterwards, a short distance to the northeast of the previous compound.
 
The entire Imperial Palace complex was re-established afterwards, a short distance to the northeast of the previous compound.
contributor
26,702

edits

Navigation menu