- Founded: c. 1429-1441, Ikkyû Sôjun
- Destroyed: c. 1467-1477
- Rebuilt: 1491, Owa Sôrin
- Japanese: 真珠庵 (shinju-an)
Shinju-an is a subtemple (tatchû) of Daitoku-ji in Kyoto. Originally established around 1429-1441 by Ikkyû Sôjun, it was destroyed in the Ônin War and rebuilt in 1491 with the support of Owa Sôrin, a wealthy merchant from Sakai.
The hôjô dates to 1638 and contains paintings by Soga Dasoku and Hasegawa Tôhaku, while other areas house numerous other Important Cultural Properties and National Treasures, including works of calligraphy by Daitô Kokushi.
- Plaques on-site.
- Kindai kabuki nenpyô kyôto-hen 近代歌舞伎年表京都篇, National Theatre of Japan (2004), 714.