From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kyôwa 3 (享和三年)
Timeline of 1803
- 1803/2 Direct petition by 3800 farmers in Nanbu han.
- 1803/2/6 Ogasawara Sôdô
- 1803/3/21 Direct petition in Bakufu territory in Shinano province.
- 1803/4/3 Big fire in Kôfu.
- 1803/5 Bakufu orders Chôkaisho to aid chicken pox patients.
- 1803/7/8 American ship enters Nagasaki, Bakufu refuse to trade.
- 1803/7/24 Bengal ship enters Nagasaki, Bakufu refuse to trade.
- 1803/7/29 Enmei-in Chief priest Nichidô gets executed.
- 1803/10/1 Miharayama erupts.
- 1803/10/9 Nisshinkan school opens in Aizu.
- 1803/12/12 Matsudaira Nobuakira resigns Rôju.
Other Events of 1803
- A British ship arrives in Ryûkyû.
- Enmeiin Affair - a former actor uses a secret room at the Enmeiin Nichiren temple to seduce women from the shogun's household.
- Major repairs are performed at Sueyoshi Shrine in Naha.
- The US seeks to import a camel into Japan, but is denied access to the country under kaikin (maritime restrictions) policies.
- Yaozen opens in Edo.
Births and Deaths