From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kôka 4 (弘化四年)
Timeline of 1847
Other Events of 1847
- August Pfizmaier publishes a German translation of Ryûtei Tanehiko's Ukiyo gata rokumai byôbu, the first-ever commercially produced translation of Japanese literature in a European language.
- Onoe Kikugorô III enters retirement.
- Publication of Nise Murasaki Inaka Genji, cut off by the authorities in 1842, is revived, with text by various authors and illustrations by Utagawa Kunisada and Utagawa Kunisada II.
Births and Deaths
- 1847/9/17 Shô Iku dies (b. 1813).
- Adachi Ringorô is born (d. 1919).
- Iwai Hanshirô V dies (b. 1776).
- Katsura Tarô is born (d. 1913).
- Kikuchi Tanomu of the Shisengumi is born (d. 1868)
- Kobayashi Kiyochika born (d. 1915)
- Matsudaira Takenari, daimyô of Hamada han in Iwami province, dies (b. 1825)
- Mori Arinori is born (d. 1889).
- Namikawa Sôsuke is born (d. 1910).
- Takahashi Takuya, 10th Governor of Okinawa Prefecture, is born (d. 1935).