Hôreki 13 (宝暦十三年)
Timeline of 1763
- 1763/8/3 (Korean calendar) Korean embassy departs from Seoul for Edo.
- 1763/9 (Kor.) Korean embassy arrives in Pusan.
- 1763/10/6 (Kor.) After roughly one month waiting for favorable winds, the Korean embassy sets sail for Japan.
- 1763/12/27 (Kor.) After stopping in Tsushima and several other islands, the Korean embassy arrives at Akamaseki on Honshû.
Other Events of 1763
- Asano Shigeakira succeeds Asano Munetsune as daimyô of Hiroshima han.
- Bakufu imposes a ban on the export of silver via Nagasaki.
- Hiraga Gennai's Nenashigusa is published.
- Jayanagi, one of the Kabuki Jûhachiban, is debuted.
- A Japanese merchant ship enters the Kuril Islands for the first time, journeying to Kunashiri, the southernmost of the Kurils.
- The Seven Years' War comes to an end.
Births and Deaths
- 1763/2/8 Mori Heiemon, adviser to the lord of Yonezawa han, is assassinated.
- Kobayashi Issa is born (d. 1827).
- Artist Tani Bunchô is born (d. 1841).