From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kanbun 7 (寛文七年)
Timeline of 1668
- 1668/2/1 A big fire burns down more than 2700 houses in Edo.
- 1668/4/4 Tenyû exiled to Izu Oshima.
- 1668/4/11 Hoshina Masayuki determines 15 precepts of Aizu.
- 1668/7/13 Kyoto machi bugyô is established.
Other Events of 1668
- Katsuyama han formed.
- The Qing Dynasty closes off northern and central Manchuria with a willow palisade, banning Han Chinese immigration into that territory.
- The export of silver from Japan by the Dutch is banned.
Births and Deaths
- 1668/11/17 Shô Shitsu, King of Ryûkyû, dies.
- Amenomori Hôshû is born (d. 1755).
- Hôrin Jôshô dies (b. 1593).
- Matsuoka Joan is born (d. 1746).
- Giovanni Battista Sidotti is born (d. 1714).