From SamuraiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Timeline of 1597
(Keichô 2; 慶長三年)
- 1597/2/21 Toyotomi Hideyoshi orders a resumption of the war in Korea. Ukita Hideie is placed in overall command.
- 1597/5/4 Construction of Fushimi castle completed.
- 1597/8 Japanese troops capture Namwon.
- 1597/8/28 Ashikaga Yoshiaki dies.
- 1597/9 The 'miracle at Myongyang': 16 ships under Yi Sun Shin defeat a Japanese fleet of 133 vessels.
- 1597/12 Kato Kiyomasa and Asano Yukinaga are besieged in Ulsan. The seige continues into the following Spring.